You can storyboard the duties and tasks being identified during your job analysis session. Aidematic provides a visual storyboard to your recorders and facilitators to create, edit, reorder, and delete duties and tasks. Symbols are maintained for every duty and task created. Duties follow the pattern A, B, C, onwards, while tasks are identified with their duty symbol and number designation such as tasks for duty A will be A1, A2, A3, …., etc.
You can also export your duty and task information in an excel format. To access a storyboard in a job analysis session studio, navigate to the Storyboard tab:
Adding a duty
To add a duty to a job profile, follow these steps:
- Click on the Add Duty button given on top right corner
- A right panel appears. Specify the following information about the duty
- Click on the Add button. You will see the added duty appear at the bottom of the list with the appropriate symbol.
Adding a task to duty
To add a task to a specific duty, follow these steps:
- Click on the plus icon given at the top right container of that duty
- A right panel appears. Specify the following information about the task
- Title: Enter a unique title for the task
- Description: Provide a brief description of what the task is about
- Importance: Specify a percentage number that designates the importance of this task
- Difficulty: Specify a percentage number that designates the difficulty level of this task
- Criticality: Specify a percentage number that designates how critical is the performance of this task
- Frequency: Specify a percentage number that designates how frequently is this task performed
- Once you click Add, your task will appear at the end of the list in that duty. On hovering over the bars that you see on your task box, it will show you the different metrics specified for the task.
Showing/Hiding all tasks in a duty
By default, the first four tasks are shown in a duty’s container. If you wish to see all tasks in duty, click on the Show All button at the bottom right corner of that duty’s container.
Editing a duty
You can edit a duty by either clicking on its title or clicking the edit button given at the top right corner of that duty.
Editing a task
You can edit a task by either clicking on its title or clicking on the Edit option provided in the overflow menu.
Reordering duties in a storyboard
You can reorder duties created in a storyboard. Simply click on the reorder icon provided at the top right corner of duty and drag the whole container up or down as needed. Drop the container wherever needed, and all your duty and task symbols will update accordingly.
Reordering tasks in a duty
To reorder tasks within a duty, follow these steps:
- If the number of tasks is less than 4 then you can go to step 2. If there are more than 4 tasks in the duty, then click on Show All button on the bottom right corner of a duty’s container.
- When you hover the cursor over tasks now, it will show a reordering icon.
- You can simply pick and drop the task at the position where you want it, and all the task symbols will update accordingly.
Deleting a duty
To delete a duty, click on the delete icon given at the top right corner of that duty. Deleting a duty will also delete all its containing tasks and all their associated information.
Deleting a task
To delete a task, click on the Delete button given in that task’s overflow menu.
Searching in storyboard
To search something in a storyboard, type it in the search bar given at the top, and your query matches will be highlighted throughout the storyboard.
Exporting duties and tasks to excel
To export all duty and task information of a job analysis session to an excel file, click on the Export to Excel button given at the top, and your file will automatically start to download.