Schedule a new job analysis session
Schedule a new job analysis session
To schedule a new job analysis session, follow these steps:
- From the job analysis sessions screen, click on Schedule New button on the top right corner
- A right panel appears. Enter the session title and click on Create and Continue to continue adding details to this session
- You will land on the session studio where you can manage this session.
Under Session Details, you can define the basic information and schedule for a session, invite participants, and attach surveys and media files that will be used for analysis. You can navigate to the Session Details tab while in a session’s studio and land on Basic Information screen:
If you have added custom fields for a job analysis session in your portal, you will find them here under this tab. To define basic information for a session, define the following attributes:
- Title: This is the session’s title
- Summary: Specify a brief summary of the job under analysis
- Status: This shows whether the session is scheduled, in progress or completed
- Visibility: Turn on this toggle button if you want your expert workers to see the output job profile being created. If you turn this off, when your viewers try to access this job profile, they will see a message that this job profile is not available yet.
Once done, click on the Save button to update the changes made.
Schedule and participants
To schedule a session, define the following attributes:
- Start Date: Specify the date on which the session will take place
- Start Time: Specify the time when the session will take place
- Meeting Address: Provide the address where the job analysis session will take place. If it is a virtual meeting then you can provide the meeting URL of your conferencing tool.
To invite participants, enter your participants’ names in appropriate sections:
- Facilitators: Facilitators will have access to this session studio where they can manage all activities of a job analysis session.
- Recorders: Recorders will have access to this session studio where they can manage all activities of a job analysis session
- Expert workers: Expert workers will have access to the output read-only job profile where the saved changes from the studio are being reflected. They will be able to collaborate with the rest of the participants using the discussion board.
Once done, click on the button Save to send emails to your participants.
Things to note
- If you add more participants later on and click Save, emails will be sent to the new additions only.
- If you remove participants from a list and click Save, no new emails will be sent out.
- If you remove a participant from one list and add them to another, upon clicking Save, an updated email will be sent to the participant who was moved.
- If you make changes to a session schedule and click Save, new emails will be sent to all participants that will contain the updated schedule.
The created surveys can be added to a job analysis session. You can use them during or after your session to collect feedback or gain expert opinions about tasks chosen for duty, etc. To know more about surveys, read Survey Management.
To add surveys, simply navigate to the Surveys tab under Session Details, type the survey title, and select from the list.
The media files uploaded to your file manager can be added to a session as well. They can be used to provide orientation material, job-specific information, or other helpful resources for participants.
To add media files, simply navigate to the Media files tab under Session Details, type the media title, and select from the list.